Tuesday, February 24, 2009

EA in Allegan & South Haven, Scottish Rite Club

Last week several of us went to Allegan to attend their EA degree. Tim was asked to be Marshall, a role he "was born for", according to the BGP representative attending.

I helped as a steward.

There were three candidates that night, and that meant that everyone had their parts down by the end. There was an odd moment where a candidate was prompted when he was having trouble finding the right words, but we moved on. The master of the lodge, Michael, was fantastic, and everyone did a good job with the ritual. I was pretty tired at the end.

It was fantastic for us because we are initiating a candidate tonight. Well, not me -- I've been summoned to Long Island. But I'll be there in spirit; after all, I did attend every practice. I doubt we'll do another EA this year, and I won't get a chance to do that role as Junior Warden for a while, so I'm missing it.

I also hope we've made better contacts with nearby lodges. I know the master of Allegan will be attending a degree in Paw Paw (even though no one from Paw Paw attended their degree, but five from South Haven showed up), but I hope some of the other Allegan brothers pop over to our lodge. The master of Coloma -- who's also the Supreme Commander -- put out an email to his lodge, asking his brothers to attend our degree. That's fantastic.

Tomorrow I'm missing 20 degree practice for the Scottish Rite. We're doing that degree -- alone -- at Coloma on 3-21, and it'll be followed by a festive board (woo-hoo!). I'm glad we're doing more festive boards.

Last Saturday we decided to start a Scottish Rite club for the area, and acquire a couple of small degrees. I hope it's fairly informal; I think the only titles ought to be Director #5 and Director #7, but we'll see.

It's good to be employed. Giving up Masonic commitments for work sucks.

No comments: