Friday, December 21, 2007

Installation at Allegan

Allegan Lodge 111 had a terrific installation Wednesday night, with a sumptuous feast prior to the ceremony.

The Illustrious Walt Wheeler, 33, performed the ceremony. I know he installed Kalamazoo-Anchor lodge on Monday night, and the previous Tuesday he installed me as Senior Deacon (along with some other officers) in South Haven. He was very good about explaining to the non-masons when to stand up and sit down.

The Allegan County News sent a reporter to the ceremony, which was fantastic. I wish local South Haven newspapers would have done the same.

It took me 45 minutes to get there; it's almost the same distance as Paw Paw. I take M43 and turn left (North) instead of right to get to Allegan. At Allegan there was no surprise at my presence; we had all met at the Fennville installation. In fact, James -- who lives nearby -- was there as well.

Allegan has an energetic young group of officers, but is suffering from a lack of members. They have ritual practice scheduled for once a month -- a good idea. Their WM left the state last year unexpectedly, so all the officers moved up 10 months ago; they are maintaining their current positions.

I talked with the new WM about some joint degree work, and it looks like he's open to this idea. All in all, a great evening of fellowship.

No comments: